Law Enforcement Trainings
ANCOR, Relias Learning, The Arc, and the National Council on Behavioral Health, have partnered to provide free online trainings to the public safety and law enforcement officers that are usually the first responders in a crisis situation involving individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental illness. “Understanding and Serving Together” offers ten courses on topics such as Managing Challenging Behaviors, Introduction to Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome, and De-escalating Hostile Clients.
HCSIS Release Timeline and Trainings
The Office of Developmental Programs has released the schedule for the HCSIS trainings and improvements from May to September. Registration may begin at any time using the Learning Management System (LMS).
These will include:
- TCM/TSM HCSIS Impacts by the decommission of the Targeted Case Management/Targeted Services Management claim submission HCSIS batch process
- HCSIS Improvements which are upgrades to the HCSIS screens and functions
The Office of Developmental Programs has released the following information:
- Informational Packet #041-15: Preparations for Fiscal Year 2015/16 Intellectual Disability ISP Renewal Period
- Announcement #042-15: ODP’s Quality Management Certification Program: Leadership Resources Available
- Announcement #043-15: PA Department of Human Services Medication Administration Training Program: New Vendor, Transition Activities and Trainings Scheduled; Beginning June 1, ODP’s Medication Administration Program will be managed by Temple University Harrisburg. Classroom trainings will be held across the state during June.