Two funding opportunities have been published by the US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) for Distance Learning and Telemedicine Grant windows. One is for the program as has been operated annually (Traditional DLT) and one is for projects related to prevention, treatment, or recovery for opioid use disorder in rural areas (Opioid DLT). Please note the applications are not the same and the programs have different funding window closings.
- Traditional Distance Learning & Telemedicine Grant Program — Applications must be submitted by May 15, 2019.
- Opioid Distance Learning & Telemedicine Grant Program — Applications must be submitted by April 15, 2019.
Who is eligible?
For both programs, eligible applicants include most entities that provide education or health care through telecommunications, including:
- Most state and local governmental entities;
- Federally-recognized Tribes;
- For-profit businesses; and
- Consortia of eligible entities.
For more information see the documents below or visit the USDA website.