The second Compliance Boot Camp will focus on HIPAA and Human Services Entities.
Topics will include:
- HIPAA – General Issues (“floor” of requirements, HIPAA/Federal/State law conflicts)
- HIPAA – The Privacy Rule (Definition of Protected Health Information, Use, Disclosure, Treatment, Payment, Minimum Necessary, Disclosures, Parents, Guardians and Personal representative)
- HIPAA – The Security Rule (Electronic PHI, 45 Implementation Standards, Required Versus Addressable)
- HIPAA Business Associate (Who is and who is NOT a Business Associate, Required Elements in an Agreement)
- HIPAA Breach Notification (What are Breach Exceptions, Definition of “Secured PHI”)
- Results of the OCR’s Phase 2 Desk Audits
The day will include a catered lunch and coffee/beverage breaks. There will be a charge of $50 per attendee for RCPA members.