The Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) announced that it has made available the draft Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Provider Self-Assessment Tools for public comment. Providers of the following services will be required to complete the HCBS Provider Self-Assessment in response to the HCBS Settings Rule published by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in 2014:
- Community Participation Support in the Consolidated, Person/Family-Directed Support and/or Community Living Waivers
- Day Habilitation in the Adult Autism Waiver and/or Adult Community Autism Program
- Residential Habilitation in the Consolidated Waiver and/or Adult Autism Waiver
- Life Sharing in the Consolidated and/or Community Living waivers
- Family Living in the Adult Autism Waiver
The HCBS Settings Rule requires that states assess all residential and non-residential settings which receive funding or payment through an approved HCBS waiver. The intent of the HCBS Settings Rule is to:
- Ensure individuals receiving HCBS have full access to benefits of community living and the opportunity to receive services in the most integrated setting appropriate;
- Enhance the quality of HCBS; and
- Provide protections to participants.
ODP piloted draft HCBS Provider Self-Assessment tools for non-residential and residential services in January 2018. Adjustments to the self-assessment instruments were made based on feedback received through the pilot.
Comments should be submitted via email or mailed to:
Julie Mochon, Department of Human Services
Office of Developmental Programs
625 Forster Street, Room 510
Harrisburg, PA 17120