It is with mixed emotions that I announce that Robena Spangler will be leaving her position as Director of the RCPA Children’s Division. Mixed, as we are so appreciative of the accomplishments Robena has made in this role and on behalf of the members, but also glad for her in her continued career and professional growth. Robena will be assuming the role of Director of the Bureau of Children and Family Services within the Office of Children, Youth, and Families (OCYF), Department of Human Services (DHS).
Robena has had many accomplishments since joining RCPA, which include:
- Diversification and growth of the division into all aspects of children’s services
- Expansion of the Children’s Steering Committee to cover all ages and the full array of children’s services
- Development of key work groups, including:
- Children in Congregate Care with complex medical and behavioral health needs;
- Early Intervention/Infant Mental Health;
- School-Based Behavioral Services; and
- Intensive Behavioral Health Services (IBHS).
- Led the partnership effort with Relias Learning to extend trainings to RCPA members
- Improved cross-systems collaboration on behalf of RCPA members with ODP, OMHSAS, and OCYF
Robena’s final date with RCPA will be February 28 and she will assist RCPA in the transition during that time.
Please join me in congratulating Robena in taking on this exciting new challenge and opportunity and we look forward to working with her in this new role.
“The opportunity to work with RCPA’s children’s services providers has been my pleasure and has taught me valuable lessons about promoting the interests of others and provided opportunities for professional growth. My passion for leadership was appreciated by some of the hardest working, most dedicated group of professionals in the field of human services. Thank you for your trust in me.” – Robena
– Richard S. Edley, PhD
RCPA President & CEO