RCPA will host its annual conference at the Hershey Lodge, September 24–27. At this large-scale, statewide event, the RCPA Board of Directors wants to continue the important tradition of recognizing individuals and organizations/facilities for their dedication and commitment to service. The following award categories have been created for this event and recognition:
- Community Leadership Award – Presented to an individual in recognition of extending service and knowledge to the community at large, and efforts in helping the community understand the needs of individuals served by RCPA members. This can be for specific or short-term significant acts, or to recognize a career-long body of work.
- Exemplary Service to RCPA Award – Presented to an individual or organization/facility that has shown a strong commitment and dedication in service to the association, its members, and related issues.
- Innovation Award – Presented to an individual or organization in recognition of significant innovation. Examples include cross-systems integration, physical/behavioral health integration, and implementation of new technologies.
- Legislative Leadership Award – Presented to an individual who has shown significant leadership and commitment to government affairs and legislative issues, on behalf of RCPA and its members.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Presented to an individual in honor of his/her significant, consistent, and enduring contribution throughout his/her career in support and furthering of the field.
At this time, RCPA is accepting nominations through an open solicitation of members (e.g., designated contacts, CEOs/executive directors, staff) and RCPA committees. Members may nominate one or more individuals/organizations in one or more categories. Nominations will be reviewed by a sub-group of the board of directors to make recommendations for final selection and approval by the full board.
Include the name/organization (if applicable) of the nominee, the award category, and a statement about why you believe the individual/organization should be honored. Nominations should be made by Monday, June 10, 2019. Please send nominations and/or inquiries to Linda Kaufmann.
Award recipients are not limited to RCPA members and every award may not be presented annually. Please join the association in continuing this tradition and in offering nominations for those who deserve recognition for their significant contributions.