ODP Announcement 22-031 provides guidance about the process for providers and Supports Coordination Organizations to request one-time payments to address staff training, credentialing, and business associates programs for employment.
As part of the Office of Developmental Programs’ (ODP) American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) strategy to strengthen Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS), providers can receive a one-time supplemental payment. The following activities would be supported by this funding:
- Agency adoption of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) core competency training for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs);
- DSP National Association for Dual Diagnosis certifications;
- Agency completion of National Association for Dual Diagnosis Accreditation; and
- Lifecourse Ambassador Series for individuals or agency hosting of the series.
- Providers are encouraged to be creative in their proposals with an eye towards the development of creating or enhancing career ladders for DSPs, portability, and expansion of a well-qualified workforce and employing the principles of Lifecourse.
Providers interested in applying will need to complete and submit the attached Staff Training, Credentialing, and Business Associates Programs for Employment Supplemental Payment Application and submit via email to Rick Smith. Applications will be accepted through June 30, 2022. Funding may be requested up to 1% of ODP eligible service revenue from Fiscal Year (FY) 2019/2020, FY 2020/2021, or $100,000, whichever is greater.
Please see the announcement for full details of this program.