RCPA received an email seeking articles related to behavioral health workforce. If you are interested in submitting an article the process is outlined below. Any questions, contact Jack Phillips.
Call for Abstracts for AJPM Supplement Issue
Behavioral Health Workforce: Projections, Practice, and Preparation
The Behavioral Health Workforce Research Center at the University of Michigan is sponsoring a supplement issue in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine (AJPM) entitled Behavioral Health Workforce: Projections, Practice, and Preparation.
Overview of Supplement Topic:
Demand for mental health and substance use condition prevention and treatment continues to grow, placing additional stress on a workforce that already suffers from inadequate supply, maldistribution, and numerous policies restricting reimbursement and effective service delivery. This supplement issue will highlight research findings and best practices for the behavioral health workforce to inform policies aimed at relieving the workforce crisis faced by the field.
Guest editors for this supplement issue are:
- Angela J. Beck, PhD, MPH, Director, Behavioral Health Workforce Research Center
- Ronald W. Manderscheid, PhD, Executive Director, National Association of County Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability Directors
- Peter I. Buerhaus, PhD, RN, FAAN, Director, Center for Interdisciplinary Health Workforce Studies, Montana State University
Editors are seeking articles related to three behavioral health workforce themes:
- Workforce data collection/supply and demand projections;
- Workforce factors impacting service delivery; and
- Workforce development.
Process for Article Selection:
Interested authors should submit the following information to Angela Beck by Sunday, April 30, 2017:
- A 200-word article abstract;
- The behavioral health workforce supplement theme of most relevance to your article; and
- The AJPM article type that best describes your article (brief report, research article, or special article). See AJPM Author Instructions for more information.
- May 12, 2017: Authors notified of invitation to submit full papers for publication consideration
- July 28, 2017: Full papers due to guest editors
- June 2018: Projected publication date of supplement issue