Mr. Phillips is responsible to assist the association with health policy, which primarily includes member communication and advocacy with the Governor’s office, General Assembly, and state regulatory agencies. Mr. Phillips was most recently at the Pennsylvania Department of State as Director of Legislative Affairs.
RCPA will be hosting our 2023 Capitol Day on Monday, April 24. During the day, RCPA will have a press conference and rally on the steps of the Capitol outside the Main Rotunda between 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm. We are requesting that members schedule appointments with their Senate and House legislators to discuss the state budget, legislation, and regulations. Please register for Capitol Day press conference/rally here.
In the near future, RCPA will be sending out legislative priorities and other policy documents for legislative visits. Please watch your emails for Capitol Day updates. As an additional resource, members can go on the Pennsylvania Capitol website to find parking and maps of the Capitol. If you have questions regarding our 2023 Capitol Day, please contact Jack Phillips.
RCPA will be hosting our 2023 Capitol Day on Monday, April 24 and will hold a press conference and rally between 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm on the front steps of the State Capitol (outside the Main Rotunda). This is your opportunity to show a shared voice to the legislature, administration, and governor’s office on matters that impact providers and those they serve. Members from all RCPA divisions are requested to attend and schedule appointments with their Senate and House legislators to discuss the state budget, legislation, and regulations that impact the services of our members.
Detailed information will follow, but if you have questions or suggestions regarding our 2023 Capitol Day, please contact Jack Phillips, Director of Government Affairs.
Acting Secretary Dr. Val Arkoosh and leadership from the Department of Human Services (DHS) will host a webinar to discuss the proposed 2023/24 budget for the department. The briefing will take place at 9:00 am on Thursday, March 9.
Visit here to register for the briefing. DHS encourages you to submit questions ahead of the briefing so they can prepare as much information as possible. DHS will follow up on any questions that they are unable to answer during the webinar.
The PA House Republican leadership team has just announced committee chairs for the 2023/24 season. You can view the full listing below:
- Rep. Steve Mentzer (R-Lancaster) – Aging and Older Adult Services
- Rep. Dan Moul (R-Adams) – Agriculture and Rural Affairs
- Rep. Seth Grove (R-York) – Appropriations
- Rep. Lynda Schlegel Culver (R-Northumberland/Montour) – Children and Youth
- Rep. Joe Emrick (R-Northampton) – Commerce
- Rep. Jim Marshall (R-Beaver) – Consumer Affairs
- Rep. Jesse Topper (R-Bedford/Fulton) – Education
- Rep. Martin Causer (R-Cameron/McKean/Potter) – Environmental Resources and Energy
- Rep. Kate Klunk (R-York) – Ethics
- Rep. Keith Greiner (R-Lancaster) – Finance
- Rep. David Maloney (R-Berks) – Game and Fisheries
- Rep. Russ Diamond (R-Lebanon) – Gaming Oversight
- Rep. Kathy Rapp (R-Warren/Crawford/Forest) – Health
- Rep. Doyle Heffley (R-Carbon) – Human Services
- Rep. Tina Pickett (R-Bradford/Wyoming) – Insurance
- Rep. Rob Kauffman (R-Franklin) – Judiciary
- Rep. Ryan Mackenzie (R-Lehigh) – Labor and Industry
- Rep. Mindy Fee (R-Lancaster) – Liquor Control
- Rep. R. Lee James (R-Venango/Crawford) – Local Government
- Rep. Aaron Kaufer (R-Luzerne) – Government Oversight
- Rep. Carl Walker Metzger (R-Somerset) – Professional Licensure
- Rep. Brad Roae (R-Crawford/Erie) – State Government
- Rep. Donna Oberlander (R-Armstrong/Clarion) – Tourism and Recreational Development
- Rep. Kerry Benninghoff (R-Centre/Mifflin) – Transportation
- Rep. Rich Irvin (R-Franklin/Huntingdon) – Urban Affairs
- Rep. Mark Gillen (R-Berks) – Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness