The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has created a new COVID-19 Viral Testing tool. This interactive and mobile-friendly online tool will help to streamline the process of sorting through information about COVID-19 testing and next steps. The tool complements the CDC’s testing guidance and assists healthcare providers in making decisions and recommendations for their patients about the following:
- Whether to order testing;
- What kind of test to order;
- How to interpret the test result;
- What to do with conflicting test results;
- Whether confirmatory (follow-up) testing is necessary; and
- How vaccination affects decisions for testing.