The PA Family Network has a wonderful series of events happening this March — five in-person Summits on Emergency Preparedness. These summits will be regional — happening in York, Wilkes/Barre, State College, Philadelphia, and Cranberry — and will provide opportunities for individuals with disabilities, families, and interested individuals to learn more about Emergency Preparedness, Safety, Interactions with First Responders, and more.
There will be no fee to attend, and breakfast and lunch will be provided. Each day will be from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm.
The locations and dates of these events are:
- March 15, 2023: South Central — Wyndham Garden York
- March 20, 2023: Central — Penn Stater, State College
- March 21, 2023: West — Pittsburgh Marriot North
- March 23, 2023: Northeast — Mohegan Sun Casino, Wilkes-Barre
- March 27, 2023: Southeast — Rivers Casino Philadelphia
For more information and to register for your local summit, visit here.
Seminar sessions each day will include:
- Interacting With Law Enforcement
- Tools to Use Before an Emergency
- I-PREPARE: Make a Plan Using This Unique Tool Created by a Self-Advocate
- Emergency Management & Red Cross: Not Just for Large-Scale Disasters
- Panel Discussion and Q&A With Local First Responders Police/Ambulance (EMS)/Fire/Emergency Management Agency
- Support Staff are welcome and encouraged to attend!
- Breakfast and Lunch will be provided for FREE.
- If you’re a family member/self-advocate and are driving/taking public transportation, a travel stipend will be available at the event. Limitations apply, one per household.
- Lunchtime birthday celebration! Let us know if you have one you’d like us to acknowledge when you register!
- Spanish interpretation will be available.
- Resource Area, Wellness Lounge, and Technology Lab will be open for the duration of the event.
- FREE to-go emergency bag, at $100 value, for eligible waiver participants.
- Every attendee will be entered to win door prizes!