The CDC and CMS have asked ANCOR to provide input on infection control practices and needs within the ICF program. The specific first round of questions for input relates to vaccination and are outlined below. ANCOR is offering two options to collect input from ICF Providers:
1. Complete linked survey (responses requested by Monday, June 21 at noon)
Feedback to CDC on ICF/IID Infection Control Practices and Needs
2. Workgroup session scheduled for Thursday, June 17 at 2:00 pm ET.
Join Session: us02web.zoom.us/j/84238000555
Meeting ID: 842 3800 0555
Dial +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
CDC Questions for ICF/IID Stakeholder Engagement:
- How do individual ICF/IIDs currently track vaccinations for clients? What about Staff?
- To what extent are ICFs/IIDs required to report vaccination data for clients and/or Staff to local or state surveillance systems?
- To what extent would ICFs/IIDs be able to report vaccination data for clients and/or Staff to designated surveillance systems?
- What kinds of challenges will/are ICFs/IIDs face(ing) as they seek to implement the new COVID-19 vaccination offering and education requirements from the Interim Final Rule “Medicare and Medicaid Programs; COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements for Long-Term Care (LTC) Facilities and Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICFs-IID) Residents, Clients, and Staff.”?
- What kinds of guidance, education, training, tools or assistance will/do ICFs and IIDs need to implement the new COVID-19 vaccination offering and education requirements?
(207) 866-3769 (103)