RCPA will be submitting comments regarding the waiver amendments on Monday, January 18, 2021. If you have comments that you would like us to include in our comments, please send them to Carol Ferenz, Director of IDD Division.
There will be a brief meeting on Friday, January 15, 2021 at 11:00 am to discuss our response. If you would like to join the call on Friday, please email Carol Ferenz to register.
Our comments will include:
- Support for the ongoing use of remote services based upon person-centered plans versus limits imposed by waiver restrictions;
- Expansion of the service definition for “communication specialist”;
- Support of service provisions to individuals who are hospitalized and recommendation of permitting these same supports to be provided in rehabilitation facilities and nursing homes when needed to assist individuals with the same needs;
- Recommendation to recognize various credentials for remote supports; and
- Support of flexibility in provision of Supports Coordination Organization (SCO) services.