OVR Policies Revisions
The Office of Vocational Rehabilitation is updating its policies and procedures regarding “College and post-Secondary Training” and “Comprehensive Transition Programs.” Comments are due by Monday, February 22, via either email or mail to Pamela Brauchli, OVR, 1521 N Sixth Street, Harrisburg, PA 17102.
HCBS Waiver Methodologies
The US Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) has released a review of the reimbursement rates and methodologies used by each state, for their home and community based services (HCBS) waiver, for supported employment and integrated day services. This report covers each service the state provides under the HCBS waiver, states’ limits on what is covered by each waiver’s services, number of users for each service, and the average cost per unit. Topics include customized employment, self-employment, resource leveraging, and waiver services.
HCBS Settings Toolkit
The Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Advocacy Coalition has developed a new toolkit with detailed information regarding the new HCBS settings rules. The toolkit contains three documents:
1) The Medicaid HCBS Settings Rules: What You should Know;
2) HCBS Regulations Q&A: Settings Presumed to be Institutional & the Heightened Scrutiny Process; and
3) HCBS Setting Rules: How to Advocate for Truly Integrated Community Settings.
The Office of Developmental Programs has released the following information:
- Announcement #009-16: Supporting Families Community of Practice Framework for System Change Series Webinar; scheduled for January 28, 2016 at 2:00 pm.
- Communication #010-16: Biennial Provider Qualifications; due by March 31, 2016.
- Announcement #011-16: Independent Monitoring for Quality 2016 Manual Update Issued
This content is restricted to RCPA members. If you are an existing member, please log in. If you are interested in obtaining membership, visit Join RCPA for more info.