IDD Update June 26, 2015
The Office of Developmental Programs has issued the following information:
- Revised Independent Monitoring for Quality annual training flyer with corrected Registration Link
- Announcement #050-15: PA Department of Human Services Medication Administration Training Program July 2015 Training Dates Scheduled; Temple University Harrisburg is now managing the Medication Administration program with additional trainings being scheduled. Questions may be directed to email@example.com or 717-221-1630.
DHS Managed Care Proposal
The PA Department of Human Services is developing a proposal for a managed long-term services and supports system, to be implemented in three phases, beginning in January 2017. The home and community-based services to be included in this proposal are those under the Office of Long Term Living. ODP waivers would not be included at this time. Information is available in the PA Bulletin and a “Discussion Document” for public comments to be submitted to DHS by July 15.
Employer Tax Incentives
The National Employer Policy, Research and Technical Assistance Center has released a fact sheet, Employer Incentives for Hiring People with Disabilities: Federal Tax Incentives At-a-Glance. Information is provided on:
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Disabled Access Credit for Modifications and Accommodations
- Architectural and Transportation Barrier Removal Deduction
Meetings and Webinars
- July 2, 2:30 pm: Accessible Swimming Pools and Spas: Question and Answer Session
- July 13-14, Advisory Committee on Increasing Competitive Integrated Employment for Individuals with Disabilities, Washington, DC; meeting is open to the public with a public comment period on July 13 from 2:15-3:00 pm and written comments may also be submitted by July 2.
This content is restricted to RCPA members. If you are an existing member, please log in. If you are interested in obtaining membership, visit Join RCPA for more info.