Your Questions and Our Answers About the COVID-19 Vaccine for Direct Support Professionals
January 21, 2021 • 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Eastern Time (ET)
Please join our Medical Advisor, Rick Rader, MD, and Biochemist, Mark Macbeth, PhD, to learn more about the newly released COVID-19 vaccines. Dr. Rader and Dr. Macbeth will teach us about several aspects of the vaccines and will answer your questions about the vaccines’ safety and efficacy. Our presenters have distinguished expertise in developmental medicine and the study of mRNA technology, which is the makeup of the COVID-19 vaccine. This interactive webinar is geared toward direct support professionals and management personnel who support people with disabilities.
- What is an mRNA vaccine (which is the type of vaccine that is now being distributed)?
- How does the COVID-19 vaccine actually work? The webinar will dispel the many myths and misinformation that abounds in and around the vaccine rollout.
- Why is it important that direct support professionals get this vaccine?
- The webinar will address many of the safety questions that direct support professionals have about receiving the vaccine.
- The webinar will address the professional and personal responsibility that direct support professionals have in their roles of supporting people with disabilities.