CCBHCs will transform how behavioral health care is financed and reimbursed. As states and providers embark on this transformation, they face many questions, including:
- How do we decide which prospective payment methodology to use – and what will its impact on behavioral health providers be?
- How will we finance the state’s contribution?
- How do state licensure and CCBHC certification requirements intersect?
Clearly understanding the unique financial opportunities and challenges associated with CCBHCs is a key ingredient to a successful implementation. This webinar will provide attendees with straightforward explanations of hot topics related to CCBHC financing and reimbursement. Our expert presenters will translate the current SAMHSA and CMS guidance to ensure all attendees are familiar with the relevant federal instructions and guidance.
The webinar will focus on the following topics:
- Prospective Payment Systems: explanation of the principles of PPS1 and PPS2 and overview of challenges identified in each approach, including a deep dive into the costs that go into your payment rate;
- Certification vs Licensure: clarification of the difference between certification and licensure and explanation of federal guidance on this point; and
- State Financing Strategies: description of state level financing mechanisms for their share of the Medicaid match, including the use of Certified Public Expenditures.
COST REPORTING, CLINIC LICENSURE, STATE FINANCING, AND MORE
Date: Monday, March 28, 3:00 pm EDT
Presenters: Steve Kohler, senior manager, McBee Associates, Inc.; Steve Rosenberg, president, Community Oriented Correctional Health Services; Dan Mistak, general counsel, Community Oriented Correctional Health Services; Susannah Vance Gopalan, partner, Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP. Register here.