Home Policy Areas Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities ODP Guidance Released on Life Sharing for Individuals With a Medically Complex...
ODP Guidance Released on Life Sharing for Individuals With a Medically Complex Condition
ODP Announcement 23-036 announces that the Consolidated Waiver amendment included new qualification criteria for Life Sharing providers that render services to individuals with a medically complex condition. This communication provides initial guidance for the following:
- Life Sharing providers, SCs, and AEs who have questions about how to determine if an individual has a medically complex condition and how to complete the DP1090 Form;
- Life Sharing providers currently serving individuals who may now meet the medically complex condition criteria; or
- Life Sharing providers that are not currently providing services to individuals who have a verified medically complex condition but may do so in the future, and Life Sharing providers that will serve an individual with a verified medically complex condition who enrolls after publication of this communication.
The Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) understands the need for more guidance, which is actively being developed and will be communicated with stakeholders. Please see the following items for current guidance.
- Medically Complex Condition Decision Flowchart for ISP Team
- Provider Qualifications for Life Sharing Agencies Serving Individuals with a Medically Complex Condition
- Administrative Entity Checklist When Working with an Individual who Has or May Have a Medically Complex Condition
Questions about this communication should be directed to the appropriate ODP Regional Office.