ODP Issues Interim Guidance for Completing PUNS
Effective February 1, 2019, Supports Coordinators (SCs) are to follow the interim guidance given in ODP Announcement 19-013 on how to complete ODP’s revised Prioritization of Urgency of Needs of Services (PUNS) form that will go-live in the Home and Community Services Information System (HCSIS) on February 1, 2019. ODP also provided an Interim Guidance document. The revisions to the PUNS form were limited to text changes only. The format of the tool and HCSIS functionality remain the same.
The reasons for the changes are:
- Refinement of questions to collect more accurate information about needs and stressors;
- Emphasis on conversation between SC, individual, and family about short-term and long-term needs;
- Better align the PUNS Form with the current waiver; and
- Allow better planning for the needs of individuals locally as well as the overall ODP system.
SCs should continue to use the PUNS Disagreement Form and letter located at www.dhs.pa.gov until the updated PUNS bulletin and attachments are published.
If you have questions, please reach out to your regional PUNS Lead:
- Central: Chrissy Enrico
- Northeast: Kenley Hoats / Marie Craven
- Southeast: Marguerite Peashock
- West: Michele Walters