ODP Announcement 21-051 serves as a reminder to all stakeholders that on July 1, 2021, the IM Bulletin 00-21-02 (which was issued March 1, 2021) will be effective. Changes to the Enterprise Incident Management (EIM) system that align with the new bulletin will go live July 1, 2021. In addition, this communication is intended to draw attention to existing communications, available trainings, and resources, as well as other necessary activities, in order to ensure successful implementation.
All Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) stakeholders who are responsible for incident management activities are now responsible to adhere to and implement all policies and procedures that are outlined in the IM Bulletin 00-21-021 beginning July 1, 2021.
As outlined in the live EIM training session, the following three EIM reporting and functionality activities will be effective July 1, 2021:
- The reporting of COVID-19 positive cases will be captured under the primary category of Illness and a secondary category of COVID. This replaces the use of the reporting categories of Emergency Room Visit — Illness New previously communicated in ODP Announcement 20-037.
- An incident that requires investigation by a Department-certified investigator will contain two new documents as part of the workflow:
- The existing Provider Investigation document has been replaced with the Provider Certified Investigator Report (CIR).
- The Provider Administrative Review document is a new document and will require completion before an incident may be submitted for review and closure.
- A new Incident Administrative Reviewer user access role (PW-EIM-IncidentAdmRev) has been created in EIM. Providers will ensure that this role is added through Identity Manager by the agency’s BP-Admin in order for a user to initiate, data enter, and submit the Provider Administrative Review document.