The Office of Long-Term Living (OLTL) has issued additional guidance on the Enterprise Incident Management (EIM) Enhancements.
As stated in the ListServ communication sent on November 24, 2021, Critical Incident Report Extensions changes will be implemented in the EIM system on December 11, 2021. Once the maximum number of allowed extensions is reached, providers and service coordinators (SCs) will need to contact OLTL if additional extensions are needed.
When requesting incident report extensions, please follow these instructions:
- Requests must be submitted to OLTL at least 5 business days prior to incident report due date, via email.
- Reasons for prior extensions must be clearly documented in the incident report.
- The reason for an extension request must be detailed, valid, and clearly documented in the incident report as well as in the Home and Community Services Information System (HCSIS) notes.
- Incident report extensions will be approved for 30 days from previous report due date.
- The following information must be included in the request for extension:
- Participant’s Name
- Participant’s Master Client Index (MCI) Number
- EIM Incident ID
- Incident Discovery Date
- Incident Original Due Date Incident Primary Category
- Reason for Extension Request (must be clearly documented in critical incident report and HCSIS notes)
- Submission date (at least 5 business days prior to report due date)
- Person submitting request (name and title)
- Agency/Managed Care Organization (MCO) Name
OLTL staff will respond to extension requests within 3 business days by replying to the requestor to let them know if the request was approved or rejected. If rejected, the reason for the rejection will be included in the response. If approved, OLTL staff will enter the extension in EIM.
OLTL has drafted a form to use in the near future. Once the form is approved, providers will be notified. Any questions regarding the information should be directed here.