The Office of Long-Term Living (OLTL) will be presenting a live, interactive webinar series on housing issues. This five-session series will be offered twice (see schedule below). The webinars will include targeted content, including question and answer (Q&A) sessions with housing experts and OLTL staff. Each session is scheduled for 90 minutes to allow for interaction and Q&A segments.
The webinar series targets Service Coordinators, Managed Care Organizations, and Service Coordination Entity support staff who assist program participants in securing and maintaining affordable, accessible housing. This series builds on information already provided in the Online Housing Training Modules and the Self-Determination Housing of Pennsylvania (SDHP)/Inglis’s Prepared Renter Program (PREP) curriculum.
This series of webinars is designed to be taken in order. The content in each session builds on prior content. Participants will get the most out of the program by taking all the sessions in order. Although individuals are not required to complete the sessions in order, to keep the sessions focused, the webinar leader may opt to table questions that were covered in prior sessions.
The series will be presented twice:
- August 16 – September 13 (every Tuesday) from 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
- September 21 – October 19 (every Wednesday) from 9:00 am – 10:30 am
2022 OLTL Housing Series Curriculum
Webinar 1: Understanding and Navigating Housing Nuances
- 10 Housing-Sector Nuances
- 3 Main Pathways to Housing Resources
Webinar 2: Recommended Relationships and Resources in the Housing Sector
- 5 Key Partnerships to Cultivate
- Top 6 Housing Resources
Webinar 3: Funding Sources and Clarifying Affordability Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 6 Kinds of Funding Sources
- 3 Concepts to Understand About Affordability and Income-based Eligibility
Webinar 4: Legal Issues Related to Housing
- Criminal Justice System Involvement
- Fair Housing and Reasonable Accommodation
Webinar 5: Keeping Participants Housed and Landlord Engagement Techniques
- 6 Key Concepts in Keeping Participants Housed
- Landlord Engagement Techniques and Resources
To register for the Housing Webinar Series, please go to the OLTL Housing Webinars registration page.