Under 55 Pa. Code Chapter 6100, room and board agreements:
- Ensure that individuals have access to essential items such as food, cleaning products, toiletries, towels, bedding, access to a telephone and internet, etc.;
- Are required whenever an individual receives the Residential Habilitation or Life Sharing Service through base funding, the Consolidated Waver, the Community Living Waiver, or the Adult Autism Waiver;
- Are not required when an individual receives the Life Sharing service in a home that the individual owns or leases; and
- Are not required when an individual receives Supported Living service since the individual owns or leases the home.
This bulletin was drafted to provide clarification on policies and procedures to providers for collecting and calculating room and board, provider responsibilities covered under room and board, and instructions on how to complete the Room and Board Residency Agreement.
COMMENTS: Interested stakeholders are invited to review and make comments on the proposed Room and Board Bulletin as outlined below. Comments received by 11:59 pm on August 13, 2021 will be reviewed and considered for revisions to the bulletin.
Comments submitted in writing should be addressed to:
Department of Human Services,
Office of Developmental Programs,
625 Forster Street, Room 510,
Harrisburg, PA 17120.
Comments submitted through email should be sent to ODP using subject header “Room and Board Bulletin Public Comment.”
There will be two webinars offered to provide an overview of the bulletin, answer questions, and provide an opportunity for participants to provide verbal comment. ODP encourages you to sign up for only one session that is most appropriate for your role, as there are limited spaces. These sessions will be recorded and posted on MyODP.
- For professionals, please use the following link to sign up for the webinar on Friday, July 23, 2021, from 10:30 am–12:00 pm: For Professionals: Room and Board Bulletin Public Comment Webinar
- For individuals and families, please use the following link to sign up for the webinar on Friday, July 30, 2021, from 5:00 pm–6:30 pm: For Individuals and Families: Room and Board Bulletin Public Comment Webinar