RCPA, in conjunction with the National Council of Behavioral Health, and the Washington, DC-based Behavioral Health & Economics Network (BHECON), will be hosting a forum on Investing in Pennsylvania’s Behavioral Health Workforce. The event will take place on Friday, December 2, between 10:00 am – 3:00 pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 23 South 2nd Street, Harrisburg, PA. There is no charge to attend and lunch will be provided.
The goal of the forum is to bring together diverse stakeholders to examine and advance policy reforms to strengthen the Commonwealth’s behavioral health delivery systems. Some of the issues/topics to be discussed include:
- Identifying programs in Pennsylvania that are doing exceptionally well when it comes to delivery of behavioral health services;
- Discussing the top challenge providers face with regard to workforce;
- Identifying public policies the state needs to change to make recruitment and retention of employees easier;
- Identifying federal policies that are holding providers back from recruiting and retaining employees; and
- Discussing whether the Excellence in Mental Health Act can help providers expand capacity to serve more people in the community, and how Pennsylvania could build on its current Excellence Act activities in the future.
The agenda for the day includes a welcome from the Pennsylvania Lieutenant Governor Mike Stack, a lunch discussion concerning the Department of Labor’s Overtime Rule, and morning and afternoon panel discussions.
There is no registration fee and lunch will be provided. You may register here for the event. Questions and suggestions regarding the forum may be shared with Jack Phillips, director of government affairs.