The RCPA Board of Directors recently approved full membership for the association with the American Network of Community Options and Resources (ANCOR), which in turn will benefit all members of RCPA. ANCOR represents over 1,400 service providers and 52 state provider organizations who support more than one million Americans with intellectual and developmental disabilities through the Medicaid Program. ANCOR provides advocacy on a federal level and represents the workforce of community providers across the country who empower people with developmental disabilities including Down Syndrome, cerebral palsy, and autism, to live and work with dignity in their own communities.
Effective in January 2019, all RCPA members will be considered members of ANCOR, and will enjoy the benefits of their membership. There is no additional charge to our members for this; you will receive a welcome email and may choose to opt out or sign up for pertinent email lists.
ANCOR membership offers a multitude of benefits, including:
- Up to date information regarding federal policy;
- Opportunities to be involved in shaping public policy;
- Access to the ANCOR Amplifier – an interactive website that enables members to easily and efficiently communicate with elected officials on important issues;
- Collaboration with other providers through the use of a private, professional networking community, sharing information and advice with peers across the country;
- National Advocacy Campaign working to advance the professionalism, recognition of, and improved wages for Direct Support Professionals;
- Educational offerings including webinars;
- Technical assistance including guidance on HIPAA, Wage and Hour, and other regulations, including (limited) free access to legal consultation with Gilliland, Maguire & Harper, PC;
- Shared Resource Purchasing Network that also offers some benefits to employees of organizations; and
- Publications including weekly updates, Capitol Correspondence, and bi-monthly newsletters.
For a full description of benefits now available to you as members:
RCPA will notify members once this agreement is in full effect. Please contact Carol Ferenz, RCPA IDD Division Director, with questions.