The Department of Human Services (DHS) has announced the selection of 16 locations to participate in the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) planning grant. The federal grant encourages states to adopt innovative approaches to community-based behavioral health services.
This initiative will further the Wolf Administration’s goal of improving the delivery of care for behavioral health and substance use treatment in the community where people live, providing Pennsylvanians with easier and more consistent access to the services they need. In an effort to provide CCBHC access to all affected Pennsylvanians, the 16 locations are comprised of both rural and urban locations throughout the state.
The federal Excellence in Mental Health Act established the CCBHCs as a way to improve quality and use evidenced-based practices in behavioral health.
The CCBHCs will provide nine core services:
- Crisis services;
- Targeted case management;
- Outpatient mental health and substance abuse services;
- Patient-centered treatment planning;
- Screening, assessment, and diagnosis;
- Psychiatric rehabilitation services;
- Peer and family support;
- Care for veterans and members of the military; and
- Outpatient primary care screening and monitoring.
The following clinics were selected:
- Berks Counseling Center, Berks
- Cen Clear Child Services, Clearfield
- Cen Clear Child Services, Jefferson
- Cen Clear Child Services, Blair
- Community Council Mental Health and Mental Retardation, Philadelphia
- Community Counseling Center of Mercer County, Mercer
- Community Guidance Center, Clearfield
- Creative Health Services, Montgomery
- Kidspeace, Monroe
- NHS Delaware County, Delaware
- Northeast Treatment Centers, Philadelphia
- Pittsburgh Mercy, Allegheny
- Public Health Management Corporation, Philadelphia
- Resources for Human Development, Philadelphia
- Safe Harbor, Erie
- The Guidance Center, McKean
As part of being selected as a CCBHC, the CCBHC Assessment and Readiness Review webinar is taking place on Friday, April 8 at 9:00 am. You are welcome to join DHS in person in the Clothestree Conference Room. To join via webinar, please register using this link. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with your connection link. Please note, this link will be unique to you and should not be shared with others.
RCPA, through the National Council, will be offering support to all selected CCBHCs. In addition, all selected CCBHCs are welcome to attend a monthly nationwide call with National Council and state leaders. More information will be available later this week.
RCPA congratulates all selected CCBHC providers. Please contact Sarah Eyster for more information.