The Certified Investigator Initial Certification Course was created to ensure all incidents that require an investigation receive a systematic investigation, which meets established standards. In order to perform investigations, the investigator must successfully complete all requirements listed in the course description. ODP Announcement 19-005 announces course openings April to July 2019.
Registration for the Certified Investigator Initial Certification Couse is now open for anyone wishing to become a Certified Investigator through ODP. In order to complete this course and obtain certification, please complete the following process:
- Go to this link on MyODP and read the description to ensure comprehension of certification requirements;
- Click on “Register for a scheduled CI training session” to enroll;
- Complete the 3 online prerequisite modules in preparation for the next step;
- Attend 4 days of face-to-face training; and
- Complete and successfully pass the online exam.
Current course offerings for the Certified Investigator Initial Certification Couse are available on MyODP.org.