The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recently issued a revised inpatient rehabilitation facility patient assessment instrument (IRF PAI) training manual. The updated sections of the training manual are located on the IRF PAI web page under Downloads.
The revised training manual only covers the changes made to the IRF PAI, including:
- Revisions to the language in the Table of Contents, Section 7: Comorbid Conditions and Section 11: Clarification of Terminology;
- Section 2: Item-by-Item Coding Instructions;
- Section 3: The Functional Independence Measure (FIM) – Revised Language;
- Section 4: Quality Indicators – Revised Language; and
- Section 6: ICD-10-CM Codes Related to Specific Impairment Groups – Updated to Reflect ICD-10 Codes.
The updated training manual becomes effective on Thursday, October 1, 2015.