Wednesday, April 28, 2021 3:00 pm–4:30 pm ET
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is hosting a webinar to advance learning and share recommendations from the intensive on Quality Jobs Equal Quality Care: Building Capacity in the Direct Care Workforce that was held at ADvancing States’ Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Conference on December 3, 2020.
The direct service workforce (DSW) plays a key role in efforts to rebalance long-term services and supports systems from institutional to community-based services. Direct service workers provide essential support for many people, contribute to overall health care quality, and promote community inclusion and independence.
Many stakeholders can help to build the capacity of the DSW, but state Medicaid agencies are uniquely positioned to lead changes. This webinar will highlight capacity building strategies shared by states during the HCBS Conference intensive. The webinar is open to the public and will focus on strategies for state Medicaid agencies, state agency partners, managed care plans, and HCBS providers.
By the end of this interactive webinar, participants will:
- Learn more about DSW challenges, approaches, and promising practices related to providing person-centered care, coordinating care across settings and systems, and encouraging professional development.
- Hear directly from state Medicaid agencies about promising practices supporting capacity building in the DSW.
- Provide feedback through interactive polling and discussion on the recommendations identified by participants of the HCBS Conference intensive.
- Find out more about an upcoming learning collaborative and other future DSW learning opportunities for state Medicaid agencies.
- Michelle Reynolds, PhD, University of Missouri Kansas City (UMKC), Director of Individual Advocacy and Family Support, UMKC Institute for Human Development
- Erika Robbins, Vice President, The Lewin Group
- Barbara Kleist, Program Manager, Institute on Community Integration, University of Minnesota
Please contact HCBS with any questions.