Older Adults Webinar Series: Collaborative Care Medicare Codes
Friday, October 27, 2017
2:00 PM – 3:30 PM EST
- Moderators: Christopher D. Carroll, M.Sc., Director of Health Care Financing and Systems Integration and Mitchell Berger, MPH, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Michael Schoenbaum, PhD, Senior Advisor for Mental Health Services Epidemiology & Economics, National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), National Institutes of Health
- Lori Raney, MD, Principal, Health Management Associates
Register for free: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5476874512139434498
This webinar will focus on the recently introduced Medicare payment codes for collaborative care with a specific focus on the use within behavioral health contexts. The presenters will discuss the role of collaborative care in Medicare, identify and the application of new payment codes and behavioral health integration. There will also be time for questions.
Following the webinar, participants will:
- Understand the prevalence and impact of behavioral health conditions among patients in general medical settings;
- Understand the prevalence and impact of co-occurring behavioral health and physical health conditions;
- Recognize the elements of effective behavioral health integration, particularly the Collaborative Care model; and
- Recognize and understand the application of new Medicare codes for behavioral health integration including those that support Collaborative Care.
Disclaimer: This webinar was funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The views and opinions expressed and the content of the webinar are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or policies of SAMHSA or HHS.
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org