The Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP) is seeking members for the Medication Death and Incident Review (MDAIR) Team. This team will review circumstances surrounding medication-related deaths and incidents for medications approved by the FDA for the treatment of opioid use disorder. These reviews will lead to recommendations that promote safety, reduce deaths and incidents, as well as improve treatment. The MDAIR Team is established by Act 126 of 2020.
DDAP is seeking representation from:
• Narcotic treatment programs;
• Licensed drug and alcohol treatment providers;
• Law enforcement;
• The medical community;
• District attorneys;
• Coroners and medical examiners;
• Community members;
• Individuals with a substance use disorder or family advocates;
• Individuals from recovery organizations;
• Individuals who prescribe buprenorphine with a DEA number related to prescribing; and
If you are interested in sharing your knowledge, positively affecting the drug and alcohol treatment system, and can dedicate approximately 30 hours per year, please complete the application via SurveyMonkey by March 19, 2021.
DDAP will review applications and select members within 3 weeks of the application closing date. Questions can be submitted to Derrick Pelletier.