On June 14, 2021, the Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP) resubmitted to the Independent Regulatory Review Commission (IRRC) its Final-Omitted Regulations on Standards for Drug and Alcohol Recovery House Licensure. As of yesterday afternoon, they are publicly available on IRRC’s website.
The submitted regulatory package includes:
- the updated regulations (p. 49–78);
- a regulatory analysis (p. 1–11);
- a preamble that includes public comments and DDAP response to comments (p. 13–48);
- a sample recovery house licensing application (p. 79–80);
- a sample recovery house licensing checklist (p. 81–88);
- additional DDAP forms (p. 89–101); and
- a description of forms that must be provided by the recovery house (p. 102–112).
DDAP expects that the new regulations will be in effect by July 2021 and will require compliance with the new regulations by January 2022. More information on drug and alcohol recovery house licensing is available on DDAP’s website.