The PA Family Network has a series of events happening this March and April – six in-person Summits on Emergency Preparedness. These summits will be regional, happening in York, Wilkes-Barre, State College, Philadelphia, and Cranberry, and will provide opportunities for individuals with disabilities, families, and interested individuals to learn more about Emergency Preparedness, Safety, Interactions With First Responders, and more.
There will be no fee to attend, and breakfast and lunch will be provided. Each day will be from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm.
The locations and dates of these events are:
- March 15: South Central — Wyndham Garden York
- March 20: Central — Penn Stater, State College
- March 21: West — Pittsburg Marriot North
- March 23: Northeast — Mohegan Sun Casino, Wilkes-Barre
- March 27: Southeast — Rivers Casino Philadelphia
- NEW!!! April 4: Ambassador Banquet and Conference Center, Erie, PA
For more information and to register for your local summit, visit here. Seminar sessions each day will include:
- Interacting With Law Enforcement;
- Tools to Use Before an Emergency;
- I-PREPARE: Make a Plan Using This Unique Tool Created by a Self-Advocate;
- Emergency Management & Red Cross: Not Just for Large-Scale Disasters; and
- Panel Discussion and Q&A With LOCAL First Responders Police/Ambulance (EMS)/Fire/Emergency Management Agency.
Support staff are welcome and encouraged to attend, and breakfast and lunch will provided for FREE.