Beginning today, an update has been made to the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) application process completed by the Pennsylvania Independent Enrollment Broker (IEB) that will include the IEB scheduling the Intake Visit Assessment (IVA) as the first step of the enrollment process.
As a result of this update, the following changes will take place:
- Upon initial contact with the applicant, the PA IEB will schedule an in-home visit, which includes an IVA within seven days, unless otherwise requested by the applicant.
- The HCBS application will start on the day of the in-home visit, or upon receipt of a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Application for Social Services (COMPASS) application, whichever occurs first.
- At the in-home visit, the PA IEB will:
- Review the enrollment process and give the applicant and others present at the IVA an overview of what they can expect;
- Assist the applicant with completing the HCBS application and collecting all supporting documents available at the time of the IVA;
- Answer questions and assist with HCBS information and choice counseling to make their Managed Care Organization (MCO) selection.
The goal of this change is to alleviate some challenges applicants encounter while trying to navigate the eligibility and enrollment process. Questions regarding this update should be directed to the Office of Long-Term Living (OLTL) Participant Enrollment Unit at 800-757-5042 or by email.