Join PA Family Network this June for their Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities Community Summits on the topic of Moving Forward and Building Resilience.
The PA Family Network would like to invite ALL people with ID/D and autism, families, and ALL who support them. This Summit will help people with ID/D and autism, families, and professionals! The PA Family Network also welcomes SCOs and other organizations to have a Resource Table. Those interested can reserve one here. More information is available here.
Keynote Speakers are moms of individuals with IDD. They are accomplished authors, PhDs, and professors at Oklahoma State University! Drs. Jennifer Jones and Kami Gallus have focused their life’s work on creating environments where everyone is seen, heard, and valued as full members within their families and communities.
- Join PA Family Network to explore “belonging” and the importance of individualized planning and approaches in fostering belonging for individuals with IDD and their families across the lifespan.
- As a part of the keynote address, they will explore belonging as a key protective factor for enhancing resilience for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families and will explore how we can join forces to foster belonging and meet the ordinary needs of individuals.
Other sessions will include:
- Learning how to discover or re-discover your passions and interests and the importance they hold in your wellness and capacity to build resilience.
- Experiencing hands-on engagement with wellness strategies individuals, families, and professionals can put into practice right away. Strategies are for everyone including non-verbal and non-traditional communicators.
- Hearing the lived experience of a panel of Self-Advocates and family members about the tools they’ve used to work through trauma, stressful events, and difficult life experiences.
All summits will take place between 1:30 pm – 8:00 pm. Register at any of the summits using the below links:
- Wednesday, June 21 — York, PA
- Thursday, June 22 — Lafayette Hill, PA
- Monday, June 26 — State College, PA
- Tuesday, June 27 — Cranberry, PA
- Thursday, June 29 — Wilkes-Barre, PA
- This event is free to attend.
- Bring the whole family! This event is for families, all people with intellectual/developmental disabilities & autism, support staff, and other professionals.
- Buffet Dinner will be provided from 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
- Travel stipend will be provided to families and self-advocates (limitations apply).
- Resource tables and networking are available.
More information is available here. Call 844-PAFAMILY with any questions.