The Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) is excited to announce a new program available for any individual registered with ODP. ODP has funded online Speech and Language Pathology services, Just SO (Short-Term Online), through TechOWL at the Institute on Disabilities at Temple University.
Individuals and their families/teams can receive up to 10 hours of virtual services from a licensed and certified speech-language pathologist (SLP). An SLP can work with your team to:
- Assess current communication;
- Recommend a communication focus;
- Develop a communication support plan;
- Teach practical strategies for communication;
- Select, set up, and/or customize a communication device, if recommended;
- Plan for getting an Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) device, including writing an insurance report, if necessary; and
- Troubleshoot communication strategies, AAC devices, and more.