Message From: U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC):
NEW AND FINAL DEADLINE FOR 2019 AND 2020 EEO-1 COMPONENT 1 DATA COLLECTION REPORTS DUE BY MONDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2021.
Recognizing the continuing impact of the pandemic on business operations, the deadline to submit and certify your 2019 and 2020 EEO-1 Component 1 Reports has been changed. The new filing deadline is now Monday, October 25, 2021.
Please note that this new deadline is the final deadline and all eligible filers must submit data by this date. No additional changes to the filing deadline will be made.
There are two options for submitting 2019 and 2020 EEO-1 Component 1 report(s):
- ONLINE FORM: Filers may enter their data into a secure data entry form via the EEO-1 Component 1 Online Filing System.
- DATA FILE UPLOAD: Filers may upload data files through the EEO-1 Component 1 Online Filing System. The format of the uploaded data file(s) must follow the file layout(s) set forth in the EEOC-approved specifications.
The EEO-1 Component 1 report is a mandatory annual data collection that requires all private sector employers with 100 or more employees, as well as federal contractors with 50 or more employees meeting certain criteria, to submit demographic workforce data, including data by race/ethnicity, sex, and job categories. The filing by eligible employers of the EEO-1 Component 1 Report is required under section 709(c) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, 42 U.S.C. § 2000e-8(c), and 29 CFR 1602.7-.14 and 41 CFR 60-1.7(a). Employers can find additional eligibility information here.
For assistance filing your company’s EEO-1 Component 1 report(s), please visit the EEO-1 Component 1 website for more information and additional filing resources. Filers can find helpful resources, including an instruction booklet, user guides, fact sheets, and FAQs at the filer Support Center and How to Submit. The EEO-1 Component 1 Filer Support Team is also available to respond to filer inquiries and to provide additional filling assistance.
IMPORTANT FILING INFORMATION
- The NEW deadline to submit and certify the 2019 and 2020 EEO-1 Component 1 Report(s) is Monday, October 25, 2021. All reports are required to be submitted and certified by that date.
- This data collection includes both the 2019 and 2020 EEO-1 Component 1 Report(s).
- For the 2019 EEO-1 Component 1 data collection, the data reported must be from a workforce snapshot pay period during the fourth quarter (October, November, or December) of calendar year 2019.
- For the 2020 EEO-1 Component 1 data collection, the data reported must be from a workforce snapshot pay period during the fourth quarter (October, November, or December) of calendar year 2020. NOTE: It does not need to be the same workforce snapshot pay period selected for your company’s 2019 EEO-1 Component 1 report.
For more information on how to file your 2019 and 2020 EEO-1 Component 1 report(s), please visit the Filer Support Center. For additional assistance, contact the Filer Support Team or toll free at 855-EEOC-035 (855-336-2035).