The Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) has received many questions and requests for clarification from stakeholders regarding Medication Administration contained in 55 Pa. Code §§6100.461 – 6100.469. ODP Announcement 20-014 was developed to communicate requested guidance as well as two attached documents: 1) A Medication Administration Question and Answer document; and 2) A Medication Administration Training Requirements by Service document. The Question and Answer document will be continually updated as questions and requests for clarification are received.
To request technical assistance or submit a question, please use this email address.
Additionally, in order to provide guidance on accessing the correct Medication Administration Training websites and to announce 2020 Face-to-Face Medication Administration Course information, ODP published Announcement 20-015. The Medication Administration Course is applicable to employees working in the following Department of Human Services (DHS) or Department of Aging licensed environments:
- Chapter 2380: Adult Training Facilities
- Chapter 2390: Vocational Facilities
- Chapter 2600: Personal Care Homes
- Chapter 2800: Assisted Living
- Chapter 3800: Child Residential and Day Treatment Facilities
- Chapter 6400: Community Homes for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities that serve eight (8) or fewer individuals
- Chapter 6600: Intermediate Care Facilities for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities that serve eight (8) or fewer individuals
- Chapter 6600: Intermediate Care Facilities for Other Related Conditions that serve eight (8) or fewer individuals
- Title 6 Aging, Chapter 11: Adult Day Services
Use this link to access the Trainer Registration/Course site.