ODP Announcement 20-063 updates information regarding the expanded target population for which the virtual or remote Supports Intensity Scale-Adult™ (SIS-ATM) and Pennsylvania (PA) Supplement assessments may be scheduled, as well as to provide clarification on individual virtual views, virtual assessments, and remote assessments. Effective June 1, 2020, the SIS-ATM and PA Supplement assessments were reinstated for counties that transitioned to the yellow and green phases of Governor Wolf’s Plan to Reopen Pennsylvania. ODP will be beginning virtual SIS-ATM and PA Supplement assessments through a conservative roll-out strategy, concentrating first on 5-year reassessments, prioritizing those that are overdue, individuals receiving their first assessments, individuals who have a change in need, and select individuals identified by ODP. ODP will gradually increase the target population.
ODP has been working collaboratively with the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD) and Keystone Peer Review Organization (KEPRO) to develop operating procedures that will allow for the completion of the SIS-ATM and PA Supplement assessments virtually or remotely.
- Virtual assessment: an assessment using video technology and a shared online platform that enables the assessor to have a virtual view of the individual during the assessment. ODP prefers this method.
- Remote assessment: an assessment completed over the telephone using a secure conference line. When conducting remote assessments, a virtual view of the individual must be had prior to the telephone call. Ideally, this would take place on the day of remote assessment, but it could be held up to two days earlier.
- Virtual View: an opportunity for the assessor to become acquainted with the individual, using video technology, during a virtual assessment, or prior to a remote assessment.
If a virtual view of the individual is not possible (the device does not support video technology, the internet or cellular service is not available) the assessment will be placed on hold until ODP resumes face-to-face assessments. For individuals who do not have access to a device that supports video technology, KEPRO will work with the support team to try to obtain one.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your SIS Regional Lead.
- Central Region – Randy Evertts
- Northeast Region – Kenley Hoats
- Southeast Region – Nathifa Castro
- Western – Jared Roser