Message from OPEN MINDS
Qualifacts & Woods Services Partner to Coordinate Care Across Primary Care, Behavioral, Residential & Community Services
December 15, 2022
Qualifacts is working with Woods System of Care to meet their expanding care needs, by integrating primary and specialty healthcare workflows from its InSync Electronic Healthcare Record (EHR) platform with its CareLogic EHR platform. This open architecture and configurable solution will replace an existing-closed system being used by Woods today, and substantially improve the coordination of activities across systems and services, including external referrals.
Enhancement to the CareLogic EHR for Woods creates three major operational improvements:
- It will enhance Woods Services’ deployment of a system of care by combining records from the numerous disciplines that are involved in the individual’s care into a “single-view” record of all relevant determinants of health.
- It will enable medical, psychiatric, and behavioral care providers to streamline a plan of coordinated care.
- It will allow Woods Services to more efficiently extract clinical data that allows the organization to follow trends and opportunities in a cohort of individuals.
By keeping information in one location, duplication of records can be avoided. More importantly, the data will help to show how the integrated care system in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, as well as the Woods System of Care, are saving the government millions of dollars in Medicaid and Medicare.
According to a Woods Services representative, Woods Services initially identified the need for a records system that could be accessed by primary care, behavioral care, and residential services.
Qualifacts was uniquely positioned to leverage two of its leading EHR platforms to ensure Woods System of Care partners could easily support and coordinate across the full spectrum of services they provide. Woods Services expects to work closely with Qualifacts during rollout and anticipates significant savings through the partnership.
Woods System of Care/Woods Services is a non-profit, life cycle care management and advocacy organization for people with intellectual/developmental disability (I/DD), behavioral, child welfare, and brain trauma who have complex medical and behavioral health care needs. The organization was founded in 1913 in Pennsylvania and over time has grown to include six affiliates serving Pennsylvania and New Jersey: Abilities of Northwest Jersey; Allies, Inc.; Archway Programs; Legacy Treatment Services; Tabor Services; and Woods Community at Brian’s House. In total, the Woods System of Care/Woods Services serves more than 22,000 children and adults. Its service lines include comprehensive, and integrated health, education, housing, workforce, behavioral health, and case management services. Woods supports its affiliates by providing a population health management strategy, which includes the integration of primary and specialty medical care with behavioral health.
Qualifacts is a leading provider of behavioral health software and SaaS solutions for clinical productivity, compliance and state reporting, billing, and business intelligence. Its mission is to be an innovative and trusted technology and solutions partner, enabling exceptional outcomes for its customers and those they serve. Qualifacts’ comprehensive portfolio, including the CareLogic®, Credible™, and InSync® platforms, spans and serves the entire behavioral health, rehabilitative and human services market supporting non-profit Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics (CCBHC) as well as for-profit large enterprise and small business providers. Qualifacts has a loyal customer base, with more than 2,400 customers representing 75,000 providers serving more than six million patients. Qualifacts was recognized in the 2022 Best in KLAS: Software and Services report as having the #1 and #2 ranked Behavioral Health EHR solutions, with its Credible and CareLogic platforms, respectively.
OPEN MINDS last reported on Woods Services in the following articles:
- “Woods Services & Legacy Treatment Services Affiliate To Transform Clinical Care In New Jersey & Pennsylvania,” which published on February 6, 2019
- “Woods Services Opens I/DD-Focused Patient-Centered Medical Home For Keystone First Members,” which published on August 12, 2018
OPEN MINDS last reported on Qualifacts in “Following InSync Acquisition, Qualifacts + Credible Rebrands As Qualifacts,” which published on March 25, 2022
For more information, contact:
- Steve Kolesk, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Woods System of Care/Woods Services, Post Office Box 36, Langhorne, Pennsylvania 19047-0036; 215-750-4000; Email; Website
- Roy Leitstein, Executive Vice President, Behavioral Health and President, and Chief Executive Officer, Legacy Treatment Services, 1289 Route 38 West, Suite 203, Hainesport, New Jersey 08036; 609-267-5656; Email; Website
- Tine Hansen-Turton, President and Chief Executive Officer, Woods System of Care, Post Office Box 36, Langhorne, Pennsylvania 19047-0036; Email; Website
- Eileen Fox, Manager of Clinical Systems, Woods Services, Post Office Box 36, Langhorne, Pennsylvania 19047-0036; Email; Website