Due to a scheduling conflict with the Office of Long-Term Living (OLTL) participating in RCPA’s Brain Injury Committee meeting on October 26, 2022, OLTL has agreed to provide their update via a separate webcast. The update/webcast has been scheduled for November 16, 2022, at 11:00 am and will be led by Randy Nolen. The topics of discussion include:
- Clarification of the role of the Service Coordinators and the process providers should use for reporting inaccuracies, etc. Providers are experiencing an increase of SCs telling families and providers that job functions are not their job, including not assisting participants, families/support persons, and providers with issues such as the participant needing a higher or lower level of care.
- Updates on the next RFP for the CHC-MCOs.
- Consideration of a bed hold provision and how this could help ease some financial strain for the BI providers. Is this something that can be included in the next RFP for the CHC-MCOs?
- Possibility and consideration of having a BI Specialist within OLTL and the CHC-MCOs.
- With only 25% of ARPA funds spent, is there a possibility of applying for more?
- Status/update on the checklist that was shared in April 2022.
- Updates on next steps from OLTL regarding CMS’ HCBS quality measure set.