ODP Announcement 23-042 informs stakeholders that a 45-day public comment period on the Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) proposal to implement Selective Contracting for Residential and Supports Coordination (SC) services has begun. Public comment will be accepted until 11:59 pm on July 10, 2023. ODP intends to change the way providers are enrolled, qualified, and paid to deliver the following services through selective contracting:
- Residential Habilitation, Supported Living, and Life Sharing in the Consolidated and Community Living Waivers;
- Supports Coordination in the Consolidated, Community Living, and Person/Family Directed Support (P/FDS) Waivers; and
- Targeted Support Management in the Medicaid State Plan.
Selective Contracting allows ODP to improve the quality of these services by:
- Moving beyond contracting with any willing and qualified provider and instead requiring providers to meet specific criteria set by ODP;
- Developing a class of “preferred providers” using new performance standards that align with Everyday Lives; and
- Aligning payment with outcomes.
You can view the Selective Contracting Concept Paper, which provides a general overview and technical details associated with ODP’s current ideas about selective contracting.
ODP will also be hosting stakeholder webinars to review the concepts in the Selecting Contracting Concept Paper, answer questions, and provide an opportunity for public comment. See the announcement for the dates and registration details for the stakeholder sessions.
Comments received by 11:59 pm on July 10, 2023, will be reviewed and considered by ODP in determining how to implement selective contracting. Public comment may be submitted through one of the following methods:
- Electronic submission through email;
- Written submission through mail, addressed to: Julie Mochon, Department of Human Services, Office of Developmental Programs – 625 Forster Street, Room 510, Harrisburg, PA 17120; or
- Verbal submission through one of the public comment webinars. Comments from stakeholders identified for each session will be prioritized.
Questions about this communication should be sent electronically.