Join us for a webinar on “The Better Care Better Jobs Act: What Activists Need to Know.”
How the Better Care Better Jobs Act (BCBJA) Addresses the Unmet Needs of Aging Adults, People with Disabilities, Family Caregivers, and Direct Care Workers
Wednesday, July 28 6:00 pm–7:00 pm (Eastern)
Come and learn the basics about the Better Care Better Jobs Act and how it would transform Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS). This proposed $400 billion in funding will increase access to services as well as make a long-overdue investment in the direct care workforce that delivers these services to people with disabilities and aging adults all over the country.
You will hear from lawmakers about what we can expect in Congress and from consumers about the importance of Medicaid-funded HCBS and policy priorities that enable people with disabilities and older adults to live in their homes and communities. CART and ASL will be provided.
- U.S. Senator Robert Casey (Pennsylvania) (invited)
- U.S. Representative Jamaal Bowman (NY-16) (invited)
- Andraea LaVant, President and Chief Inclusion Specialist, LaVant Consulting
- Alene Shaheed, Older Adult HCBS recipient and Self-Advocate
- Moderator: Ai-jen Poo, Director, Caring Across Generations and the National Domestic Workers Alliance
Organized By: The Arc of the United States, ACLU, AAPD, ANCOR, ASAN, Justice in Aging, Caring Across Generations, and National Domestic Workers Alliance
Co-Sponsored By: Care Can’t Wait (pending), Disability and Aging Collaborative, and the Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities