Advancing Substance Use Prevention in HIDTA Communities | Thursday, October 8, 2020
The Advancing Substance Use Prevention in HIDTA Communities virtual summit has the following goals:
- Discuss advances in substance use prevention policy and strategies over the last five years in the context of national substance threats.
- Describe evidence-based practices, programs, and strategies for substance use prevention led by public safety and public health partnerships.
- Describe critical insights into implementing substance use prevention practices, programs, and strategies.
- Compare different methods for measuring the impact and value of prevention programs.
- Identify national, state, and local prevention resources available to all HIDTA communities.
Offered for Centralized Coordinating Entities (CCEs) and their partners, this webinar recording showcases real-world examples of community-based initiatives used by CCEs across Pennsylvania to increase availability of naloxone and prevent overdose deaths. Panelists also discuss how they have adjusted their naloxone distribution efforts in light of COVID-19. Learn more about PCCD’s Naloxone for First Responders Program.