The Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) and the Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (OMHSAS) are pleased to announce a statewide conference focused on building capacity to better support the complex needs of individuals in the community. The conference theme is Expanding Capacity: Reaching Further.
The Conference will be held on Wednesday, August 21 and Thursday, August 22, 2019 at the Blair County Convention Center, 1 Convention Center Drive, Altoona, PA 16602.
Keynote and Plenary Speakers include:
- Gina Calhoun – Program Director, Doors to Wellbeing, National Consumer Technical Assistance Center
Topic: WRAP: Living a Self-Determined Well Life
- Julie Gentile, MD, Professor and Chair, Psychiatry – Wright State University
Topic: Practicing Medicine in the Digital World
- Angela Moreland, PhD – Assistant Professor, National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center, Medical University of South Carolina
Topic: Trauma-Informed Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: From Research to Practice
Breakout Session Topics include:
- The Importance of Data Collection Relevant to Behavior Change and Medication;
- Autism and the Justice System;
- Communication and Collaboration: Supporting Transition Across the Lifespan; and
- Creative Strategies for Mental Health Professional in State Hospitals.
For more information, visit: https://www.myodp.org/mod/url/view.php?id=22147
For registration information, visit: https://www.myodp.org/mod/url/view.php?id=22147REGISTRATION:
Online registration is now open and will remain available until Friday, August 9, 2019. The registration fee is $100 and includes lunch, break snacks, and all materials.
This conference is hosted by the Office of Developmental Programs and the Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services and supported by the Money Follows the Person grant funded by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.