Amplifying The Voices Of Direct Support Professionals
March 9–10, 2022
On March 9–10, 2022, the National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals will embark on its first-ever national advocacy event to bring the direct support professional (DSP) perspective to the forefront of Congress and the Administration during a time of unprecedented workforce challenges. Hardships from the pandemic and recent legislation have provided new insights and opportunities for the direct support workforce that supports people with disabilities.
The NADSP recognizes the previous absence and critical importance of lifting the voices of DSPs to federal policy-makers so that public policy can be informed by the people who are on the front-lines of supporting people with disabilities to live, work, and thrive in the community. In February 2022, the NADSP will provide direct support professionals with materials to prepare for legislative meetings. This will lead up to a 1.5-day virtual symposium that will culminate with virtual meetings with Congressional leaders and staff to educate and advocate on NADSP’s public policy priorities for 2022.
Thank you to NADSP’s Gold Sponsors
NADSP’s 2022 Policy Priorities
- Establish a Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) for direct support professionals within the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- Assure effective implementation of workforce development initiatives authorized through legislation that leads to wages commensurate with the level of responsibility and the complexity of this work, as well as career ladder opportunities that lead to professional growth.
Wednesday, March 9, 2:00 pm–5:30 pm ET
- 2:00 pm–2:15 pm ET: Welcome
- 2:15 pm–3:00 pm ET: Expert Panel Discussion: The Direct Support Workforce and Public Policy: Building Quality at the Point of Interaction
- 3:00 pm–3:15 pm ET: Sponsor Break with CareSource
- 3:15 pm–4:00 pm ET: A Call to Action: NADSP’s Message to Congress
- 4:00 pm–4:15 pm ET: Sponsor Break with Amerigroup
- 4:15 pm–5:30 pm ET: Hook, Line, and Sinker: Soapbox Interactive Legislative Hill Meeting Preparation with Christopher Kush
Thursday, March 10, 2022
After registering, all individuals will receive a confirmation note and a separate email with a Zoom link. Meeting details will arrive from Soapbox Consulting by Friday, March 4, 2022. Please note that your meeting time will depend on your zip code and Congressional District.
A detailed schedule of events, along with the expectations of attendees, is on our event landing page. Ready to answer our call to action? Visit ‘Register Now’ below to learn more.