COVID-19 Testing Supports and Resources
COVID-19 testing is an essential activity that increases safety for congregate care settings as part of a comprehensive mitigation strategy. Two resources are now available for providers and facilities.
Operation Expanded Testing (OpET) is a federal testing resource that may be useful to your organization. Please see the presentation slides for more detailed information. Providers wishing to use OpET as a resource should coordinate directly with Eurofins.
OpET At A Glance
- No contract is needed for participation in OpET.
- No charge. OpET is 100% funded through the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- No exclusivity. The organization can end testing at any time for any reason.
- All supplies are sent to testing location two weeks in advance at no charge.
- All training is supplied at no charge.
- No charge for courier services; Eurofins will coordinate specimen pickup and supply delivery.
- No waiting to get another sample. Auto retesting (reflex) if PCR pooled group is found to be positive.
- No cost rapid testing. When used in conjunction with PCR pooled testing program, antigen testing is available for program options.
- 24-hour results turnaround (TAT) for PCR testing.
- Reporting is fully automated and HIPAA compliant using Concentric by Ginkgo.
- Testing flexibility — facility can determine their own testing frequency, with specific PCR pooled groups of 5–24 samples at a time.
- Staff can participate in the OpET program.
If you wish to enroll or have questions related to Operation Expanded Testing, please contact Eurofins via email or call 833-742-0862. Questions related to this communication should be directed virtually here.
In addition, due to the recent surge in COVID-19, the Bureau of Human Services Licensing (BHSL) has been receiving a large number of requests for testing support. If your facility needs testing due to an active outbreak or to prepare for an outbreak, please contact the Dept. of Health via email for questions about LTC testing assistance and/or to get access to testing support and resources. You can also complete and submit the “Universal Testing Needs Assessment Form.” If eligible, someone will contact you for scheduling.
If you are a facility requesting additional Abbott BinaxNOW cards, please email with the amount of tests requested and your shipping information. Note that your facility must have a CLIA certification to perform rapid COVID antigen testing to be eligible for the BinaxNOW cards.
Please contact the Dept. of Health for any additional information on testing.