The opioid crisis in Pennsylvania and in America has resulted in a major call to action from Pennsylvania’s leadership as well as national leaders. Facing Addiction in America: The Surgeon General’s Report on Alcohol, Drugs and Health calls for increased integration of primary care and addiction services. Join one of the authors of the report, Dr. Connie Weisner, in a discussion of the findings and what efforts are needed to support integrating screening, assessments, interventions, use of medications, and care coordination. Hear practical examples from an HRSA-funded primary care provider about the steps they take to successfully and continually address substance use.
The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions will host a webinar focusing on the substance use and opioid crisis and coordinated care on Thursday, January 5, 2017, 3:00 pm.
After this webinar, participants will:
- Understand the key findings related to integration of substance use and primary care services detailed within The Surgeon General’s report on Alcohol, Drugs and Health;
- Identify concrete ways primary care settings can integrate substance use treatment and early intervention activities into their services;
- Describe why early intervention activities such as SBIRT are important to overall health;
- Gain ideas for using the report to educate staff, board, and clients to facilitate conversation about addictions; and
- Learn about useful resources for setting up and providing substance use services in an integrated health setting.