The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recently announced that the inpatient rehabilitation facility (IRF) provider preview reports have been updated on the iQIES site and are now available for Quarter 1 of 2019 through Quarter 4 of 2019 data and the annual update of the claims-based measures data from Quarter 4 of 2017 through Quarter 3 of 2019. The information contained within the preview reports contains the data that will be published on IRF Compare during the December 2020 refresh of the website. The December 2020 refresh is the rescheduled IRF Compare refresh that was initially scheduled for September 2020.
The deadline for providers to review their data is October 26, 2020. Corrections to the underlying data will not be permitted during this timeframe; however, providers can request CMS to review the data during this preview period if they believe the quality measure scores that are displayed in their reports are inaccurate. Six new measures will be displayed publicly beginning with the December 2020 refresh and will be removing one quality measure (Percent of Residents or Patients With Pressure Ulcers that are New or Worsened) from the IRF Compare and Care Compare websites. The six new measures include:
- Changes in Skin Integrity Post-Acute Care (PAC): Pressure Ulcer/Injury,
- Drug Regimen Review Conducted with Follow-Up for Identified Issues – PAC IRF QRP,
- IRF Functional Outcome Measure: Change in Self-Care Score for Medical Rehabilitation Patients (NQF #2633),
- IRF Functional Outcome Measure: Change in Mobility for Medical Rehabilitation Patients (NQF #2634),
- IRF Functional Outcome Measure: Discharge Self-Care Score for Medical Rehabilitation Patients (NQF #2635), and
- IRF Functional Outcome Measure: Discharge Mobility Score for Medical Rehabilitation Patients (NQF #2636)