During the recent RCPA Children’s Committee meeting, leadership from the Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) informed members about plans to hold six regional policy forums throughout the state. Forum information and pre-registration is now available.
Regional Forums for Partnering to Strengthen Early Childhood Policies to Include All Children are being held from 9:00 am – 3:30 pm on:
- Tuesday, August 16: Park Inn by Radisson Clarion, 45 Holiday Inn Road, Clarion
- Wednesday, August 17: PaTTAN, Pittsburgh
- Friday, August 19: PaTTAN, Harrisburg
- Monday, August 22: The Woodlands, 1073 Highway 315, Wilkes-Barre
- Tuesday, August 23: PaTTAN East – 333 Technology Drive, Malvern
- Wednesday, August 24: Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel, 3549 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia
The Regional Policy Forums will focus on:
Offering input and creating strategies to support inclusion, including identifying strategies to build and sustain partnerships, developing a framework for addressing suspension and expulsion in early childhood programs, and providing input on statewide policy around inclusion, suspension, and expulsion. These policy forums will be work sessions with facilitated small group discussions to provide input to OCDEL on governance, professional development, and leadership support, related to these issues. Participants are expected to attend for the entire day and provide input based on their experiences and expertise. This is not a training or a conference where passive attendance is an option.
Pre-registration will be required for the Regional Policy Forums.
- Go to the training calendar
- Select the date for which you want to register and complete the online registration
- Please use the registration key RFEC2016 (ALL CAPS)
For registration questions, please contact Linda Rhine. Registration will close on Friday, July 22, or earlier if maximum capacity is reached at a specific site.